Best fruit cake ever (if I do say so myself...)


This is quite simply the easiest and tastiest fruit cake ever. I make it ALL the time. It's my Christmas cake, my Easter cake, my dad's favourite cake etc. I have kept the recipe secret for many years but I'm feeling generous today so here it is....

Ingredients:
- 3oz butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 bag of mixed fruit
- 1 tub glacé cherries
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 free range egg
- 2 caps of vanilla extract


1)  Grase and line a 6" cake tin.
2) melt the butter, sugar and milk in a pan.
3) Add the fruit and stir.
4) Add the flour and stir (don't worry about it being a bit lumpy at first, just keep mixing!)
5) Add the rest and stir.
6) Plop in your cake tin and bake at gas mark 3 for aaaaaaaaages (probably about 1.5hrs). Check it after 30 mins. If it's brown on top already you might want to cover it with some tin foil so that it doesn't burn. After an hour in the oven, check it very 10 mins or so to see if it's done (stick a knife in it and if it comes out mostly clean then it's ready!)
7) Let it cool then ice with a layer of marzipan and a layer of fondant icing. Decorate as you please!
8) EAT IT!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment